1 1/3 cups rolled oats
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup unsalted butter-softened
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1 cup mashed banana (2 medium bananas)
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup chocolate chips
2/3 cups rolled oats
2/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup light brown sugar
¼ cup melted butter
1-2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease and flour 8 x 8 inch pan, set aside.
- To make the topping whisk together 2/3 cup rolled oats, 2/3 cup coconut, cinnamon and brown sugar. Add melted butter and stir with a fork until evenly moistened and crumbly. Set aside.
- To make the cake whisk together rolled oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- Cream softened butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix to combine. Mix in mashed bananas.
- Running mixer on low speed gradually mix in dry ingredients mixture just to combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture in the pan and sprinkle with prepared topping. Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (but don’t dry it too much).
- Slightly cool before serving.
- NOTES: If you want to make ahead for breakfast, cover cooled cake tightly and keep at room temperature overnight. It can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for longer storage.
Source : allrecipes.com