- Makes 12 muffins.
- 1 cup (225 g) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 medium ripe bananas (200 g or 1 cup mashed)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (160 g) rolled oats (old fashioned or quick)
- 1/4 cup (50 g) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (85 g) chocolate chips, mini or regular
- Preheat oven to 400F (204C) and prepare a muffin pan by spraying the cavities with cooking spray or lining them with paper liners**. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips to a blender or food processor and process on high until the oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about 3/4 full. Optional: sprinkle a few chocolate chips over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
** If using paper liners, you’ll want to spray them with cooking spray as well, since the lack of oil in these muffins could make them stick to the liners after baking.
Nutritional Info :
- Smart points 5