Banana Bread Brownies:
- 1½ C sugar
- 1 C light sour cream
- ¼ C butter, browned on the stove
- 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites (to reduce fat/cholesterol)
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ½ C chopped walnuts, optional
Browned Butter Frosting:
- ½ C butter, browned on stove
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp lowfat milk
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium high heat, watch carefully when it reaches a medium brown color turn off heat, let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, spray with cooking spray a 10×15 pan.
- Beat together first 4 ingredients, mix well.
- Add banana’s and vanilla, mix well.
- Add 1 cup flour at a time, then add baking soda, and salt, mix until incorporated. Add walnuts, if desired.
- Bake 20-22 minutes until springs back with a light touch and golden brown.
- minutes before the brownies are done make the frosting.
- In a small sauce pan on melt butter over medium high heat, watch carefully when it reaches a medium brown color turn off heat, whisk in 1 C powdered sugar at a time, adding milk as it thickens, then add in vanilla.
- Pour onto hot from the oven brownies and spread evenly.
- Cool and serve!!
Source : cookingwithruthie,com