Banana Brownie Cake
Indulge in a delightful fusion of rich brownie and sweet banana flavors with this scrumptious Banana Brownie Cake recipe. This easy-to-follow recipe yields a moist and decadent dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re a baking enthusiast or a novice in the kitchen, this Banana Brownie Cake is sure to impress.
For the Banana Brownie Cake:
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Chocolate Ganache (optional):
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×9-inch (23×23 cm) square baking pan or line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Mash the Bananas: In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas until they’re smooth. You can use a fork or a potato masher for this.
- Mix Wet Ingredients: In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and granulated sugar. Mix until well combined. Then, add the eggs and vanilla extract. Stir until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Combine Dry Ingredients: In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Blend the Batter: Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Avoid overmixing; you want a smooth batter.
- Add the Mashed Bananas: Gently fold the mashed bananas into the batter until evenly distributed.
- Bake: Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Be careful not to overbake; you want the brownie cake to be moist.
- Cool: Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the Chocolate Ganache (Optional): If you want to add an extra layer of chocolatey goodness, heat the heavy cream until it’s almost boiling and pour it over the semisweet chocolate chips. Let it sit for a minute, then stir until smooth. Pour the ganache over the cooled cake and let it set.
- Slice and Serve: Once the ganache has set (or if you skip the ganache, once the cake has cooled), slice the Banana Brownie Cake into squares and serve.
- For extra texture and flavor, consider adding 1/2 cup of chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans, to the batter before baking.
- You can enhance the banana flavor by using very ripe bananas with plenty of brown spots.
- If you’re short on time, you can skip the chocolate ganache and still enjoy a delicious banana brownie cake.
- Serve your Banana Brownie Cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for an extra special treat.
Enjoy your homemade Banana Brownie Cake! Whether it’s for a family gathering, a potluck, or just a sweet treat at home, this cake is sure to be a hit.