What trumps Banana Bread? Banana Bread in a Jar! It makes adorable holiday gifts and party favours and is especially perfect for camping. It’s also lots of fun to make.
This Banana Bread in a Jar is a clever twist on an old family favorite and it’s a great idea for a gift too! The bread will keep moist and fresh for longer in the jars so make a big batch.
You can also freeze them for several months. We have included some tips on cooking with Mason Jars that we encourage you to read and be sure that you don’t place jars into a dry oven.
The cooking technique should be a water bath or a pressure canner. This easy recipe is a great way to use up those tired or over-ripe bananas. It takes 10 minutes to whip this recipe up.
How To Use Mason Jars For Baking
There are a few points to consider prior to using Mason Jars according to Chef Mom. We have included her best points to assist you with your recipes.
- Sterilize Jars in boiling hot water. This will combat bacteria. Pay special attention to rims and lids. Leave to dry thoroughly.
- Oil and Flour the inside of the Mason Jars.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare your batter as you normally would
- When filling your Mason Jars with batter, do so until they are around 2/3 full.
- Mason Jars are meant to be used in hot water baths and cannot be used in a dry oven without a water bath. A Pressure Canner is another way they can be cooked.
- Mason Jars will require 25-30 minutes cooking time and quart-sized Mason Jars will require 60 minutes, depending on what you are cooking.
- It is important to seal mason jars after baking. For bread and cupcakes, you can immediately seal. For cheesecakes, allow to sit uncovered and cool prior to sealing.
- Chef Mom suggests that you can leave your cakes, cupcakes and breads at room temp for a few days. Mason Jars are wonderful for presenting delicious treats as gifts and you can add ribbons and a recipe card to complete your look.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON OR OPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR THE RECIPE AND INGREDIENTS.