Healthy, low fat, low cholesterol, low calorie meal, packed with fiber (vegetables) and protein (chicken).
- Makes 4 servings .
- 1/4cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1/8teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1pound chicken breast tenderloins
- 10ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces, or one 10-ounce package frozen cut
- asparagus,thawed and well drained
- 1cup purchased shredded carrot
- 1small tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a small bowl, stir together salad dressing, balsamic vinegar, honey, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once. Add half of the dressing mixture to skillet; turn chicken to coat.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
- Add asparagus and carrot to skillet. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; transfer to serving platter.
- Stir remaining dressing mixture; add to skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Drizzle the dressing mixture over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with tomato. Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Info :
Nutrition Facts (Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables)
Per serving: 269 kcal cal., 12 g fat (2 g sat. fat, 66 mg chol., 323 mg sodium, 12 g carb., 2 g fiber, 27 g pro. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet