- 1-1/2 pounds lean beef (lean stew meat, eye of the round roast, rump roast, etc)
- 1 large onion, peeled & diced
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons instant granulated tapioca (optional thickener)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
- Season the beef with salt and pepper. (Or my favorite, Montreal Steak Seasoning.)
- Place in the slow cooker with onions, balsamic vinegar, tomato paste, bay leaves and tapioca, if using.
- Cover and cook on LOW until meltingly tender, 8 to 10 hours. (This will vary depending on the size of your slow cooker, size of beef, and how hot your slow cooker cooks.)
- To cook in the oven instead, add in a cup of water, cover and bake at 250F degrees for 6-8 hours or until beef is meltingly tender. Add in a little more water if the beef starts to dry out.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper and serve hot with your chosen accompaniments.
Source : allrecipes.com