12 Egg Roll Wrappers
1/4-1/2 Cup Water
4 Cups Shredded Cabbage (We have used the generic cole slaw mix or hand shredded – your preference)
1/2 Cup Shredded Carrot
1 Can Bean Sprouts (Drained)
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
1/4 Cup Lite Soy Sauce or Bragg’s Liquid Amino’s
2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
- In a large skillet heat 1/4 Cup water along with cabbage. If it seems to be too dry and sticking add extra water as needed.
- Once cabbage begins to cook and become translucent,drain excess liquid and return to heat.
- Add in ginger, garlic, soy and bean sprouts and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until flavors are well incorporated and all veggies are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon sesame oil onto baking sheet and spread to cover all edges lightly.
- Place wonton wrapper on clean surface and scoop approximately 2 tablespoons veggie filling into center. Fold sides over and roll forming egg roll. Seal ends with pinch or touch of water.
- Place egg rolls on lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle remaining sesame oil on top of egg rolls and spread across tops to help “crisp” as they cook and add flavor.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes. For a darker brown/crisp cook on broil for 3-4 minutes.
Source : youbrewmytea.com