The chicken comes out incredibly juicy and flavorful, and the onions and olives add flavor and depth to this simple, rustic dish.
- Olive oil spray (make your own using a spray bottle)
- 10 chicken drumsticks (3 lb. total weight)
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 large onion, sliced (8oz)
- 3 oz pitted green olives
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with olive oil spray.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in the baking dish. Rub with the paprika. Nestle the onions and olives among the chicken pieces. Sprinkle everything with salt and garlic powder, then lightly spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until chicken’s internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. To serve, place two drumsticks on each plate, then spoon some of the onions, olives and pan juices on top.