Baked Honey Mustard Chicken is a dish that perfectly balances the sweet and tangy flavors of honey and mustard with tender, juicy chicken breasts. It’s a crowd-pleaser that’s easy to prepare, making it a great choice for weeknight dinners or special occasions when you want to impress without spending hours in the kitchen. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to create this delightful dish that’s sure to become a favorite in your household.
For the Honey Mustard Marinade:
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For the Chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
Preparing the Honey Mustard Marinade:
- In a bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, honey, olive oil, minced garlic, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. This mixture will be used as both a marinade and a sauce for the chicken.
- Set aside about 1/4 cup of the marinade to use as a sauce for serving later.
Marinating the Chicken:
- Place the chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish.
- Pour the remaining honey mustard marinade over the chicken, ensuring that each breast is well coated. Seal the bag or cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. For even better flavor, you can marinate the chicken for up to 4 hours or overnight.
Baking the Chicken:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Remove the marinated chicken from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish, leaving some space between them.
- Season the chicken with a sprinkle of salt and black pepper.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) and the chicken is cooked through. The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
Finishing and Serving:
- Once the chicken is done, remove it from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Drizzle the reserved honey mustard sauce over the baked chicken breasts.
- If desired, garnish with chopped fresh parsley for a pop of color and flavor.
- Chicken Thickness: Chicken breasts can vary in thickness. If your chicken breasts are particularly thick, you can use a meat mallet to gently pound them to a more even thickness before marinating and baking.
- Marinating Time: While 30 minutes is sufficient for marinating, if you have more time, marinating the chicken for a few hours or overnight will result in a richer flavor.
- Serving Suggestions: Baked Honey Mustard Chicken pairs wonderfully with sides like roasted vegetables, steamed broccoli, or a fresh green salad.
Baked Honey Mustard Chicken is a delightful fusion of sweet and tangy flavors that complement tender, juicy chicken breasts perfectly. With its easy preparation and stunning results, it’s a dish that’s sure to impress both family and guests. Whether for a cozy weeknight dinner or a special occasion, this recipe provides a burst of flavor that will leave your taste buds longing for more. Enjoy the delectable combination of honey and mustard as you savor each bite of this sweet and savory delight.