I don’t know about you guys and gals but I love chicken strips. I know that these strips of poultry goodness are looked upon as a “kid food” but i don’t care. I’m almost 35 years old and I’ll continue toe at chicken strips for the rest of my life.
I have since learned to make my own chickens trips since I love them so much. This recipe takes the yum factor another step forward by wrapping these delicious chicken strips in bacon. It doesn’t get much better than that, folks.
Plus, this recipe comes complete with a honey mustard how-to. So savory and sweet! This bacon wrapped chickens trips are very easy to make and almost anyone can do it. Enjoy!
Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
Today, we’re going to be cooking Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast! This recipe is a MUST TRY recipe for any bacon lover. A friend shared it with me on Facebook.
- 1 lb. Boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 4 –
- 4 ounce pieces
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- ¼ cup Pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 4 to 8 pieces of bacon
- Cut chicken into 4 equal size pieces. Pound breast so it is about ¼” thick.
- Mix together softened cream cheese, chopped green onions and shredded pepperjack cheese. Put ¼ of this mixture into the middle of each piece of chicken.
- Starting at the long side, roll chicken breast up, keeping the cheese mixture to the middle.
- Wrap 1 to 2 slices of bacon around the chicken breast, secure with toothpick, if needed.
- Place on baking sheet and back for 30 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Broil topside for about 5 minutes to fully brown and crisp bacon. Turn each breast over and broil for another 3 minutes or so to crisp up the bottom side.
- Serve immediately.