- 1 pound pizza dough of your choice (some ideas in my Visual Pizza Recipe Index)
- olive oil for brushing the parchment paper and crust
- 2 Tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced cooked potato (from 1 to 2 potatoes, boiled until tender)
- ⅓ cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1+½ cups shredded cheddar cheese (colby jack would work just fine)
- 3 to 4 small/medium eggs
- Use a pizza stone for best results. The cost is worth it if you think about how much you spend on pizza delivery. Preheat grill or oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. I preheat my grill with all burners on high for at least 10 to 15 minutes (the stone is preheating as well) and do not turn the burners off until the pizza is about done.
- Stretch the dough on an oiled piece of parchment paper (again, for best results, and worth the cost). Brush dough with olive oil, then spread mascarpone cheese across crust in a thin layer.
- Top with potato slices and bacon in an even layer. Cover with shredded cheese.
- Carefully crack eggs near the center of the pizza. I can control where the eggs go about as easily as I can control what the kids choose to wear to school in the winter.
- Bake in screamin’ hot grill (or preheated oven) for 5 to 8 minutes until top of eggs is set and cheese is melted. Turn off grill, tighten the knob on the propane tank, and remove to a cooling rack for a few minutes before slicing.
Source : allrecipes.com