- 4 large Russet potatoes, washed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack and Colby cheese blend (or your favorite)
- 16 ounces of thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Place a potato on a cutting board with wood skewers on each side (lengthwise). Slice potato about 3/4 of the way through. The skewers will keep you from cutting all the way through. Cut to about 1/8″ thickness. Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and place a piece butter in every few slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for about 1 hour.
- The potatoes will have kind of opened up so you can stuff cheese and bacon into the slices. Pack 2 ounces of cheese and 1/4 of your bacon into each potato. Return to oven and cook for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Source : allrecipes.Com