- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, halved
- 8 oz. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup fontina cheese, grated, optional
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 sprig rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Toss brussel sprouts in olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place them in a large baking dish and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until semi-softened.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, heavy cream, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder and red pepper flakes (if using), then stir in cheeses.
- Remove brussel sprouts from oven and add 3/4 bacon to the baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over the top and stir everything together, then top with remaining bacon.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350º, return baking dish to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and just set.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Source : allrecipes.com