This mayo–free egg salad makes a simple and delicious lunch or dinner .
- Makes 4 servings .
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 1-½ ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 1-1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or lime juice)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- Add the eggs to a medium-sized pot and cover with a few inches of water. Cover and place on high heat. Bring water to a full (but gentle) boil and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain the water and immediately run cold water over the eggs. Transfer eggs to an ice bath and allow eggs to chill for 10 minutes. Refrigerate eggs until ready to use.
- Peel and roughly chop the hard boiled eggs.
- Add the avocado to a mixing bowl with the lemon juice and sea salt. Mash the avocado, leaving it slightly chunky if desired. Add the chopped hard boiled eggs and stir well to combine. Eat on toasted bread with watercress or greens of choice.
Nutritional Info :
- smart points 10