- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) reduced sodium vegetable stock, or equivalent homemade
- 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 leeks (white and pale green parts only), cleaned and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- chopped fresh chives
- Hands-On Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- 1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the asparagus and salt; cook for 3 minutes. Drain, then plunge into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain; set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, bring the stock to a simmer in a large saucepan set over medium heat; reduce the heat and keep it at a gentle simmer.
- 3. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add the leeks and garlic; cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, until coated with the oil, about 1 minute. Stir in the wine and cook, stirring constantly, until it is absorbed. Add the stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until it is absorbed before adding more, until the rice is tender but firm in the center, about 20 minutes in all. reduce the heat if the risotto bubbles too quickly. Stir in the asparagus, peas, and orange zest with the last addition of stock. Stir in the Parmesan and pepper; sprinkle with chives and serve at once.
- Per Serving (1 Cup): 241 Calories; 5g Fat; 2g Saturated Fat; 0g Trans Fat; 5mg Cholesterol; 532mg Sodium; 37g Carbohydrate; 3g Fiber; 11g Protein; 134mg Calcium; 5 Weight Watchers Points.
Source : allrecipes.Com