- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 lbs flanken short ribs
- Toasted sesame seeds, to taste, garnish
- Green onion, sliced, garnish
- Combine the cilantro, soy sauce, brown sugar, canola oil, water, sesame oil, minced garlic, jalapeño, black pepper, and coriander in a large zip lock bag. Mix until well combined. Add the flanken short ribs and marinate 8-24 hours.
- Place the rack near the top of the oven. Heat the oven to high broil (should be about 550 degrees). Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Place two wire racks on sheet pans then lay ribs in a single layer on top of the racks.
- Place into the oven and broil, with the door cracked, for 4-5 minutes on each side, making sure to watch the ribs very carefully so they won’t burn and be ruined. Remove from the oven and place on a serving platter. Sprinkle the short ribs with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions before serving. Enjoy.
Source: For The Love Of Cooking