I love that one of our local supermarkets has started selling ‘The Odd Bunch’ fruit and vegetables – the ugly, not-quite-perfect specimens that would usually be binned, and I picked up a big bag of cheap apples when I was grocery shopping last week. There is absolutely nothing wrong with these apples, they just look a little less than perfect – a lot like me! So an abundance of apples seemed a good excuse to try a new apple recipe and this Apple Slice the perfect candidate. It is deliciously simple to make and simply delicious to eat. Enjoy!
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and diced (1 cm)
- 125g butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- *Toss apples with self raising flour and sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
- *Melt butter in a small saucepan on the stovetop or in a small bowl in the microwave, stir in egg.
- *Pour butter and egg into the apple mixture.
- *Mix until combined.
- *Spoon into a greased and lined slice tin.
- *Bake at 180 C for 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- *Keeps for about 3 days
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE.. PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON OR OPPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!