The shells of these tacos are made from tortillas cut with a round cookie cutter and fried crisp and dusted with cinnamon sugar. They only take about 20 seconds each to make and can be made days ahead of time.
I made a homemade filling but you can definitely use canned filling to make these quick! If you are having a party, you can keep the filling warm in a small slow cooker with the shells beside and people can fill them as they like or set a mini muffin tin upside down and cover it with a pretty cloth napkin as a holder (that is what I used in the photos above, worked perfectly!)
Recipe courtesy of Spend With Pennies.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- Apples peeled & sliced
- ½ C Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ C Water
- Tortilla's (flour) 6" size
- Oil (for frying tortillas)
- 1/2 c sugar-cinnamon mixture
- Whipped cream
- Place apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and water in a sauce pan.
Stir until well blended and cover and cook on medium stirring frequently
For 10 minutes or until apples are semi soft. If needed, thicken sauce using
1 Tbl of cornstarch to 3-4 Tbl of water.
- Mix into sauce and stir until thickened.
Heat oil on medium heat in a skillet and holding the tortilla folded in half, place the bottom on tortilla in the oil for a few seconds. Then lay it on one side until browned and then place other side down until browned. Remove from oil and Sprinkle browned tortilla with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Fill taco shells with apple pie filling and top with whipped cream, and sprinkle a little more of sugar-cinnamon mixture on top.