Don’t Expect To Have Any Leftovers When You Make These!
If there’s one thing I enjoy about cooking, it’s that no matter how many recipes I’ve tried, I always run into new and even more delicious versions. I’ve made enchiladas a gazillion times (my whole family is crazy about them, so we basically have them once a week…) There was this one recipe I had for years and I was pretty sure it was the most amazing one on the planet – until I ran into this one.
I’m telling you, I have never seen my kids gobble up a meal so fast! They ran for seconds before they’re plate was even empty, and they kept talking about this meal for two days! I’m pretty sure they’re going to want us to have these twice a week from now on…
The best part is, the Apple makes enchiladas a little leaner, and if you choose low fat options instead of your regular sour cream and Monterey Jack cheese, this is basically diet food. Or at least I like to convince myself it is!
I have to warn you, though – no matter how lean these enchiladas are, it doesn’t help because you’re going to devour twice as much! These are just too darn irresistible!
- 1 (21 ounce) cans apple fruit filling and topping ( or other fruit filling)
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Spoon fruit filling evenly down centers of tortillas.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Roll up, and place, seam side down, in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Bring butter and next 3 ingredients to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.Pour over enchiladas: let stand 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON OR OPPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!