- 2 SANDWICHES
- prep time:20 MINUTES
- cook time:8 MINUTES
- 4 sturdy slices sourdough bread (not super soft)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- One 750ml. bottle Barefoot Sauvignon Blanc, chilled
- 8 ounce wedge of brie (chilled), rind removed, cut into thin pieces
- 1 medium honeycrisp apple, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- Butter the four slices of bread. Brush the other side with Sauvignon Blanc.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place two slices of bread butter-side-down on the skillet.
- Top each slice with brie pieces, sliced apple and cranberry sauce. Place the other slices of bread on top- butter-side-up.
- Place a lid on top of the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium and let the sandwiches toast on the bottom. When the cheese looks like it’s beginning to melt, take the lid off the skillet and use a spatula to check under the sandwiches. When they’re golden brown, flip them gently.
- Toast the other side of the sandwich until golden brown. Serve and eat immediately with a glass of chilled Sauvignon Blanc!