- 1 package cinnamon roll dough + reserve icing
- Egg wash (2 eggs + ¼ cup water)
- 6 apples, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 1/2 cup Sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
1. Lay 1 cinnamon roll centered on bottom of pie pan or similar baking dish. Smash down with hands until flat like a pancake. Arrange remaining rolls around center and flatten so that they create an even, solid crust. Brush with egg wash and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine apples, 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon and toss by hand until apples are evenly coated. Set aside.
3. In a second mixing bowl, combine butter, brown sugar and flour. Cream the butter and mix well.
4. Pour apples into cinnamon roll pie crust and top with brown sugar mixture and sprinkle additional white sugar on top.
5. Bake on 400 for 45 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and drizzle the icing from the cinnamon buns on top. Enjoy while warm.
Source : allrecipes.com