Yield: 22 cakes
- 2 lb. (7 medium) unpeeled zucchini, coarsely grated
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, white parts and 1 inch of the greens, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup olive oil for frying
- Place the grated zucchini in a colander to drain for 30 minutes (If zucchini is firm, you won’t get much water).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix all other ingredients except for the oil. Add the drained zucchini and mix well.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in each of 2 large skillets, over medium heat. When hot, after about 3 minutes, drop ¼ cup of the batter onto 4 spots on each skillet (mine are pretty and round because I used a round, shallow measuring cup to scoop the mixture out).
- Cook until golden on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook on the other side, about 2 minuets more.
- Repeat with 2 more batches, wiping the skillets with paper towels and adding more oil as needed. Keep the prepared cakes in the warm oven while you cook more batches.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 cake; Calories: 84; Fat: 6g; Carbohydrates: 5g; Sugar: 1g;Sodium: 160mg; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 2g