Cream cheese crust:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (for savory recipes, use 1 1/2 times the salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) cold cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ice water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 6 ounces (about 3/4 cup) sweetened, condensed milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all-spice
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- For crust: Place flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder into a food processor and pulse together. Add cream cheese and butter and pulse until a fine mealy texture has been formed. Add the water and vinegar and pulse until a dough forms. Form dough into a disc and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for an hour. Roll dough onto a lightly floured surface until about 1/8 inch thick. Cut 24, 2 inch squares from the dough and form into 1 inch tart molds, trimming the edges of excess dough as needed. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- For the filling: Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir together until fully combined. Pour mixture into prepared shells and completely fill.
- Bake mini pies for 10 minutes. Lower temperature to 350°F and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until the pies have set in the center and the crusts are golden brown. Allow to cool for about an hour before topping each with a dollop of whipped cream and serving.