Sauteed mushrooms with a hint of wine and teriyaki sauce are the perfect topper for steak and baked potatoes.
- Makes 6 servings .
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 For $1.00 thru 05/08
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Submerge the mushrooms in cold water, swish around to wash thoroughly, and drain.
- Trim the ends, slice and place in a large bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon half over the mushrooms and toss.
- Put the garlic in a large pan and pour in the olive oil.
- Heat over medium-high heat until the garlic begins to sizzle but not brown, about 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms, stir, and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until all moisture is evaporated and the mushrooms begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and serve.
Nutritional Info :
- smart points 3