Yield: 10 SERVINGS
Prep time: 25 MINUTES
Cook time: 15 MINUTES
FOR THE CAKE
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup pure pumpkin puree (Libby’s)
FOR THE FILLING
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle a clean tea towel with powdered sugar. Set pan and towel aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat eggs, vanilla and sugar until thick.
- Add in pumpkin and mix to combine.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched.
- Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Carefully unroll cake; remove towel.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Store prepared Pumpkin Roll in refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also wrap tightly in a layer of plastic wrap and then foil and store in freezer for up to one month. Remove frozen Pumpkin Roll to room temperature one hour before serving.