Yield: 8 mini cheesecakes
- Nonstick olive oil spray
- 1 (8 oz) package neufchâtel cheese (or reduced-fat cream cheese), at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup plain low fat Greek yogurt, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar; for a low-carb version, use xylitol*
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a silicone muffin pan with nonstick spray (I use olive oil spray).
- Remove the neufchâtel cheese, the eggs and the Greek yogurt from the fridge and allow 30 minutes to get to room temperature. Place the Greek yogurt in a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl – this will help get rid of some of the liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar or xylitol, and vanilla. With an electric mixer set to medium, whisk until very smooth, about 2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides with a spatula as necessary.
- Add the strained Greek yogurt, the eggs and the flour while continuing to mix.
- Sift the cocoa powder through a strainer to prevent lumps. Continue mixing until well blended and fluffy.
- Ladle the batter into the prepared pan, filling each muffin cup almost full. Bake until firm and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack, then transfer to wire rack to cool 20 more minutes, and finally to the fridge for about an hour.
- Nutrition for the low carb version, made with xylitol: calories 133; fat 7g; carbs 5g; sugars 1g; sodium 106mg; fiber 1g; protein 7g
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 mini cheesecake; Calories: 152; Fat: 7g; Carbohydrates: 17g;Sugar: 13g; Sodium: 106mg; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 7g