Yield: 8 servings
- 1 teaspoon melted butter for pan
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch glass pie plate with a circle of parchment paper. Grease the pan well.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey and vanilla extract.
- Gradually whisk in the almond flour and cocoa powder.
- Finally, whisk in the salt and baking soda. Batter will be fairly thin.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes. Loosely cover with foil to prevent over-browning, then continue baking for 10 more minutes, until set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on a cooling rack until it reaches room temperature, about 30 minutes, then slice and serve. Keep leftover covered in fridge for up to a week.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: ⅛ cake; Calories: 201; Fat: 10g; Saturated fat: 2g;Carbohydrates: 24g; Sugar: 18g; Sodium: 191mg; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 7g