- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast (plus olive oil)
- 4 cups baby spinach remove stems if desired
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup clementine or mandarine oranges
- 2-3 tablespoons feta cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Optional: squeeze of lemon, Mrs. Dash chicken grilling blends seasoning, salt
- Prepare the fruits and lettuce by washing and completely drying. If the spinach is still wet it won’t absorb the dressing very well.
- Remove strawberry stems and slice them. Remove clementine skins and separate into sections. OR drain a can of mandarine oranges.
- Remove fat from chicken. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash chicken grilling blends to taste.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil.
- Preheat the skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place the chicken in the skillet and then reduce the heat to medium and cook until the meat is no longer pink and the juices run clear, or about 8 to 12 minutes.
- As the chicken cooks, turn it occasionally so it browns evenly. If it starts to brown too quickly, reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients (olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and honey) into an airtight jar. Add some salt to taste. Shake until well combined. Toss the dressing with the spinach in a large bowl. Add in the fruit and feta cheese and toss again. If desired squeeze some fresh lemon over the salad.
- Toast the almonds in a small skillet over medium heat for about 1-2 minutes stirring constantly. Add the almonds to the salad.
- Once the chicken is finished, remove from heat and slice or chop it. Let it cool and then add it to the salad.
- If not enjoying immediately do not toss with the dressing or feta cheese!