It’s time to try the acorn squash, and we’ve got the perfect recipe to use it right here. You’ve heard of egg-in-the-hole, right? Well, instead of cracking your egg into a slice of bread, crack it into a slice of acorn squash for a healthier, prettier twist. Cooking Light shows us how it’s done.
– 1 large (about 4-inch) acorn squash
– 2 teaspoons olive oil
– 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
– 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
– Cooking Spray
– 4 large eggs
– 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
– 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
I can’t wait to give this dish a try! Feel the same? Then get your written recipe over on the Cooking Light site. Have you ever seen anything like this recipe before? Can you think of any other bread-substitutes that would work for egg-in-the-hole? What other ways do you like to enjoy acorn squash?