I think you’ll love this easy ground beef recipe. Not only is it quick and easy, but it’s also low in fat and calories.
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 2 cups (6 ounces) uncooked rotini pasta (spiral pasta)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4-5 large Roma tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Boil the pasta in a large pot according to packaged directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the onion and saute until onions are transparent. Add the garlic and stir about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Stir in the ground beef and fully cook through until brown. If using 95% lean ground beef, there is no need to drain. But if you are using a less fat version, drain the fat and return to the stove.
- Stir in the seasoned salt, ketchup and mustard until well combined. Add the chopped tomatoes. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 2 minutes or until the mixture is thickened.
- Add the cooked and drained noodles to the meat and stir well. Pour into the prepared baking pan and evenly sprinkle the cheese across the top. Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and slightly cool before serving. Top with chopped dill pickle.
5-Star Cheeseburger Casserole ( from Bakerette.com )