1. A new formula: The SmartPoints system, based on the latest nutritional science, inspires healthy eating by making protein-rich foods a better value and foods higher in sugar and saturated fat more “expensive.”
2. Daily SmartPoints Target: You have a daily Target based on your height, weight, gender and age. You’ll get this Target online or in your meeting.
3. Weekly SmartPoints. You have Weekly SmartPoints, which are based on the same factors as your daily Target. Weekly SmartPoints add leeway to your plan. You can choose to use them or not!
4. FitPoints Activity Goal. You have a personalized FitPoints activity goal based on your preferences and lifestyle. FitPoints focuses on overall movement, not just formal “exercise.” Exercising as a means for earning more food points is discouraged.
5. Tracking. Tracking is still an integral part of this plan. You can use your online tools and your Mobile app (if you are a subscriber.)
While the PointsPlus formula went farther than calories to factor in different nutrients, like calories, it only focused on a food’s impact on your weight. With SmartPoints, you can not only pinpoint the choices that help you lose weight, but you shift to a healthier pattern of eating overall.