- 1 (28 oz.) can whole tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, halved and peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place onion halves and tomatoes (along with juices) in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add butter, season with salt and pepper, and let simmer for 40-45 minutes, or until thickened.
- Break up the tomatoes with the back of your spoon, or use a potato masher to make a smoother sauce.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then add fresh basil. Cook for another 5 minutes, then serve with pasta and enjoy!
Source : allrecipes.com