1/6th of recipe (about 1/2 cup): 81 calories, 1g total fat (0g sat fat), 101mg sodium, 17.5g carbs, 2g fiber, 7g sugars, 1g protein — SmartPoints® value 1*
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Cool/Chill: 2 1/2 hours
- 12 oz. peeled extra-ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas; about 1 lb. before peeling)
- 1 packet natural no-calorie sweetener (like Truvia)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- Seasonings: cinnamon, salt
In a blender or food processor, combine bananas, sweetener, and vanilla extract. Add 2 cups almond milk, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, and a dash of salt. Puree until smooth.
In a medium nonstick pot, combine cornstarch/arrowroot with remaining 1/2 cup almond milk. Stir to dissolve. Add banana mixture, and mix well.
Set heat to medium. Stirring frequently, cook until mixture thickens, about 8 minutes.
Transfer to a large bowl. Let cool, about 30 minutes.
Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until thickened and chilled.
MAKES 6 SERVINGS