- 1 3/4 – 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® Pizza Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup of very warm water (120° to 130° F)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten (egg wash)
Toppings (all or a combo of the following)*
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce II like garlic and onion marinara)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste**
- 3/4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 pound cooked Hot Italian sausage
- 9-12 slices pepperoni
- 6 slices deli honey ham
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, very thinly sliced, sauteed 3 minutes
- 1/2 small onion, very thinly sliced, sauteed 3 minutes
- 1 cup very thinly sliced uncooked mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Garlic salt
- extra pizza sauce for dipping (optional)
- Stromboli Dough: Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add water and oil and mix together until well blended (you can do this by hand or with your mixer). Gradually add flour, mixing in 1/2 cup at a time, until dough forms a ball. Add additional flour, if needed to handle but dough should be slightly sticky. Spoon dough out of bowl onto floured surface and knead until dough is smooth and elastic; about 4 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll stromboli dough out into a large rectangle, about 10 by 14 inches on the parchment paper.
- Stromboli: Stir parsley, basil, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes to taste (do not use red pepper if you are using Hot Italian Sausage) into 1/2 cup marinara sauce and lightly spread sauce over the dough, leaving a 2 inch plain dough border along the edges. Top sauce with half the grated cheeses, followed by meats, then vegetables followed by remaining cheese.
- Brush the plain border of dough with the egg wash. Roll up the Stromboli lengthwise like a jelly roll and pinch edges to seal. Brush the entire Stromboli with egg wash and gently cut slats in the top of the dough every 1-2 inches. Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan and lightly sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake for 15-25 minutes*** at 425F or until golden, covering with foil at the end of baking if necessary to prevent excess cheese browning.
- Let cool 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with extra marinara sauce if desired.
Source : allrecipes.Com