Don’t spend your hard earned money and hours of your time at a beauty salon getting a pedicure. You can give yourself the same treatment and achieve similar results as you would in any salon right there in your home and using two ingredients that are in your kitchen.
Your feet is subjected to a lot of strain and pressure during the day and your footwear can also play a significant part in causing undue stress to your feet.
If you want to exfoliate the sole of your feet and to get it looking and feeling soft and supple, then you can try out this simple treatment to maintain good foot hygiene.
What do you need?
You will need just two ingredients that are readily available in your kitchen and if you lack any of these ingredients then you can dash to your local grocery store and easily obtain them.
- Baking soda (2-3 tablespoons)
- Milk (3-4 cups)
- Put the milk in pot and warm.
- Pour the milk in a large metal or plastic basin once it is warm.
- Ensure that the milk is not boiling hot, but warm so that you don’t scald the skin of your feet.
- Put your feet in the basin and let the milk cover it completely.
- Leave your feet in the milk for 5-6 minutes.
- Next you add the baking soda to the milk and stir, stir well and ensure it dissolves.
- Then leave your feet for a few more minutes in the milk and baking soda mix.
- You will then scrub your feet well using a hand sponge.
- Thoroughly rinse your feet and towel-dry.
- You can then add some lotion to your feet or if you have coconut oil you can use it on your feet.
Your feet will be soft and tender with no crack lines and it will smell nice and not foul.
Repeating this simple procedure at least once a week will work wonders for your feet.