- Serving Size: Makes 1 Serving (includes pancakes and yogurt topping).
- 1 roasted sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- a dash of cinnamon (optional)
- a dash of allspice (optional)
- 1. Remove the flesh from a cooled, roasted sweet potato, and mash. Mix in two eggs. Add spices, if desired. The consistency should look like the image below.
- 2. Heat a griddle pan over medium-high heat. Coat it with cooking spray, oil, or butter of your choice. I used Kerrygold butter. Spoon out 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle. Let cook 5 to 7 minutes.
- This is the tricky part! These pancakes do not bubble like typical pancakes, so you have to really rely on the timer. Second, it helps to use two spatulas to flip, so that they stay together. Once you’ve flipped, cook for another 3-5 minutes, remove, and serve.
- Bonus: Instead of using pure maple syrup or honey, I decided to mix up a cinnamon-y, slightly sweet yogurt sauce. Mix 1/2 cup fat-free or 2% Greek yogurt with a dash of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon maple syrup.
Nutritional Info :
CALORIES 336; FAT 11.7g (sat 4.63g, mono 3.66g, poly 1.91g); PROTEIN 24.07g; CARB 32.826g; FIBER 4.09g; CHOL 0mg; IRON 3.18mg; SODIUM 250.321mg; CALC 159.431mg