- 200g spaghetti /pasta (I used Wholewheat)
- 50g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g mushrooms, sliced (I used Portobellini mushrooms – The small brown ones)
- 250ml cream
- 60g Parmesan, finely grated
- 8 Basil Leaves, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions, until al dente. Drain the water and add the olive oil and mix through.
- Whilst the spaghetti is cooking, heat the butter in a medium-sized frying pan and add the garlic and mushrooms – fry until golden brown. You may need to cook half the mushrooms at a time if your pan is not big enough – you don’t want too many mushrooms in the pan at one time otherwise they will create too much liquid.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked, add the spaghetti to the pan and toss to mix with the butter, mushrooms and garlic.
- Add the parmesan, cream and basil as well as a generous sprinkling of salt freshly ground black pepper.
Source : allrecipes.com