SmartPoints : 12
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half and half*
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced jalapenos
- 2 cups shredded Wisconsin cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Wisconsin colby cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in half and half, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in jalapeños and cheeses until melted, about 1-2 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.
*Half and half is equal parts of whole milk and cream. For 1 cup half and half, you can substitute 3/4 cup whole milk + 1/4 cup heavy cream or 2/3 cup skim or low-fat milk + 1/3 cup heavy cream.
Nutritional Info :