- 2 oz Pendleton Midnight Whisky (or other dark whisky)
- 1 oz rosemary syrup (see below)
- 3-4 drops bitters (I use grapefruit but you could use any citrus bitters)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Make the Rosemary Citrus Simple Syrup:
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons sugar, 3-5 orange slices, a few sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Mix over medium heat until sugar has dissolved, which just takes a minute or so.
- Remove from heat, strain liquid into a separate bowl, and cool to room temperature.
- Stir whisky, 1 teaspoon rosemary citrus syrup, and bitters well in a shaker then pour over ice in a glass. Garnish with orange slices and a small sprig of rosemary.