YIELD: ABOUT 50-60 2-INCH PIECES
- 4½ cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (one stick)
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Grease a 13×9 inch pan.
- In a large sauce pan over medium high heat, combine sugar, butter and milk and cook until mixture comes to a boil, stirring frequently. Continue stirring and boil for about 5-10 minutes on medium heat or until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and marshmallow creme.
- Working quickly, pour 1/2 the mixture into another sauce pan and add peanut butter to one pan, and chocolate chips to the other. Mix each until well blended.
- Pour chocolate fudge into prepared pan, then top with peanut butter and spread over chocolate.
- Cool completely at room temperature then cut into squares.
- Store in air tight container in the refrigerator.
Options: You can make this recipe, all peanut butter or all chocolate, just double the flavor you want to use, and eliminate the other. You could also cook one full batch chocolate, then make a batch of peanut butter and pour over chocolate. It will yield 2 pans of fudge, but will be easier to work with since you wont have to divide the fudge and work quickly to spread each one. Option 2: substitute with any flavor chips, such as butterscotch, mint even peanut butter chips instead of peanut butter.
Source: PEANUT BUTTER & CHOCOLATE FUDGE