- 2 boxes (14.1 oz each) refrigerated pie crust
- 1 can (15 oz) lemon pie filling (or homemade lemon curd)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove pie crusts from package and allow to come to room temperature while you prepare filling.
- Unroll pie crusts and cut 6 circles from each crust using a 4-inch biscuit cutter. You may have to re-roll the scraps to get the 6th circle.
- Using a 1 tbsp cookie scoop, drop lemon pie filling into center of each pie crust circle. Fold in half and pinch edges completely. Fold pinched edges over and press with the tines of a fork to seal. Poke hand pie with fork once, to prevent bursting.
- Beat egg white in a small bowl until frothy. Brush over the tops of each hand pie. Bake on a parchment paper lined baking sheet (1 inch apart) for about 15 minutes, until browned.
- Remove cooked pies from baking sheet and cool completely. Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar and enjoy. These are great refrigerated and served chilled.
Source : allrecipes.Com