Serves: 20 servings
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2½ Cups dark brown sugar
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar (confectioners)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream (I used Haagen Daz)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and powdered sugar and stir until well blended. It will be thick and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the ice cream and spices.
- Go head and taste it. It’s yummy! You may want more nutmeg or cinnamon, feel free to add more.
- Pour into a freezer safe container and freeze until you’re ready for a little drinky poo.
- This keeps for a little over a month.
- TO SERVE
- Add 1 heaping tablespoon (or more) of the batter to your mug.
- Add one shot glass of rum
- Fill to the top with boiling water or steaming milk and stir.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with a cinnamon stick or a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Variations: Add to hot milk, apple cider, coffee or hot chocolate.
Source: Hot Buttered Rum Recipe