- 8 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar (the finer the texture the better)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (or better yet, vanilla bean paste)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- garnish: sugared cranberries and fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F. Line a large baking sheet (at least 13×18-inches) with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer whisk egg whites on high until stiff. Continuing to beat, gradually add sugar and beat until dissolved. Add lemon juice and extract, then sprinkle/sift in cornstarch; beat on high until very stiff and glossy peaks form, about 3-5 more minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently shape meringue into a ring. Reduce oven temperature to 200-degrees F. Bake meringue for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn off oven and leave meringue in oven until totally cooled (about 4 hours).* Store in airtight container until ready to serve. Before decorating, gently transfer the meringue to a cake plate.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently spread whipped cream evenly over top of meringue wreath, or using a frosting bag with wide tip, pipe whipped cream as desired on top of meringue.
- Decorate the top with sugared cranberries and fresh mint leaves.
Source : allrecipes.Com