- 2 pounds chicken breasts chopped into bite size pieces (4-6 chicken breasts)
- 1 fresh pineapple, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
Sweet and Tangy Marinade/Glaze
- 1/4 cup canned pineapple juice*
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Note: If using wooden skewers, soak for at least 30 minutes in water before grilling or broiling.
In a medium bowl, whisk Sweet and Tangy Marinade/Glaze ingredients together. Add 1/4 cup of this Marinade to a large freezer bag along with chicken and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Toss to evenly coat. Marinate in the refrigerator 1-4 hours. Refrigerate remaining Glaze separately (“Reserved Glaze”).
When ready to cook, drain marinade from chicken and thread chicken, peppers and onions onto skewers.
Add reserved Sweet and Tangy Glaze to a small saucepan and whisk in 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch. Bring to a boil (either on grill or stovetop) and simmer until slightly thickened (will continue to thicken upon standing). Set aside.
TO GRILL: Generously grease grill and heat to medium-high heat. Grill chicken kabobs for approximately 8-10 minutes, rotating every couple minutes until nicely browned and slightly charred on each side and chicken is cooked through. Brush kabobs with Sweet and Tangy Glaze.
TO OVEN BROIL: Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add the chicken kabobs in a single layer and broil, turning every 5 minutes until cooked through, about 10- 15 minutes depending on thickness of chicken. Brush cooked chicken with Sweet and Tangy Glaze.
Serve with rice.
Source : allrecipes.com