- Prep time: 30 mins
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Total time: 1 hour
- Serves: 10-11
- 1 package (2 9″) store-bought pie crust
- 2 cups cherry pie filling
- 1 egg white-slightly beaten
- sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 F, grease muffin tin and set aside ( you will need 10-11 cups )
- Unroll one crust onto a flat surface and using a cookie cutter or rim of a glass/bowl cut 3½ – 4″ circles.
- Place each circle into tin cavity and press into the bottom and up the sides.
- Fill with cherry pie filling about ⅔ to the top.
- To make a lattice crust, using a knife or pizza cutter cut thin strips of dough (about ¼-1/3 inch), then lace together to form a lattice. Press down slightly around the edges and trim the excess with a knife.
- Brush the tops of each pie with the whisked egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (until the crust is lightly golden and the filling begins to bubble).
- Let them cool in the pan for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Using a knife very carefully loosen the edges of each pie and gently lift it out.