- 1  lb Italian bread loaf
- ½ medium red bell pepper, diced
- ½ medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 green onion sliced
- 8 large eggs
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼-1/2 tsp salt
- ¼-1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1½ cup shredded colby-jack or cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a standard cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Hollow out the center of the Italian loaf leaving at least 1-inch on each side and the bottom. Freeze the bread removed from the center and use for another dish. Place the hollowed out loaf onto the parchment. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat melt 1 Tbsp butter. Add the diced peppers and cook for 2 minutes until softened. Add the sliced green onion. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Cook for 1 minute then remove from the pan to cool slightly.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, grated Parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper until light and fluffy. Adjust the amount of salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Mix in 1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese, cooked peppers and onion and crumbled bacon by hand.
- Pour into the hollowed out bread loaf. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set.
- Rest for 5 minutes then slice and serve.
Source : allrecipes.Com